An Ohio Probate lawyer can help you with a range of needs, from estate planning, probate, trust administration, inheritance litigation, and everything in between.
- Estate Planning: An Ohio estate planning lawyer can help you make a valid will under Ohio law, or revoke a will that no longer reflects your testamentary intentions. Or, perhaps you need a complete set of estate planning documents, including a trust, durable power of attorney, and health care directives – you can find help for all of your estate planning needs here.
- Probate Administration: If a relative or friend has passed away, you may have questions about probate – how long does probate take in Ohio? How do you probate a will in Ohio? If there is no will, an Ohio probate lawyer can help you determine whether you are next of kin or heir at law. An Ohio probate lawyer can also determine whether or not the assets at issue qualify as a small estate in Ohio.
- Trust Administration: An Ohio trust lawyer can oversee the administration of a trust to make sure that the terms of the trust are complied with and fiduciary obligations honored.
- Probate and Trust Litigation: Disputes often arise surrounding the validity of a will or trust, or the conduct of a fiduciary. An Ohio probate and trust litigation attorney can help you navigate these disputes.
- Securing Surviving Spouse Rights: An Ohio surviving spouse has rights and benefits under Ohio law including the right to an intestate share of the deceased spouse’s estate, an elective share, mansion house rights, and a spousal allowance. An Ohio probate lawyer is a critical part of helping a surviving spouse secure these rights.