Gilbert Vara, Jr.
Mr. Vara, a San Antonio native, has successfully represented clients in cases involving remarkable complexity and that demand his competence, experience, and forthright communication, from probate administration to contested inheritance litigation in the trial and appellate courts. Martindale-Hubbell honored Mr. Vara by designating him as an AV peer-rated preeminent attorney, a distinction held by less than 5% of all lawyers in the United States, and awarded only to attorneys who have achieved the highest level of professional excellence and legal ethics. Mr. Vara has been an attorney since 1985, and has worked with his dedicated team of paralegals, Lynn Broderick and Krystin Miller, since 1993 and 2010, respectively.
- Estate planning
- Probate administration
- Trust administration
- Probate and trust litigation
- Flat fee
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
- United States District Courts for the Western, Southern, and Northern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Community and Professional Involvement
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Bar Association – Elder Law, Litigation, and Appellate Practice sections
- San Antonio Bar Association’s Will’s Clinic and Community Justice Program